Tuesday, August 5, 2008

18.5 Weeks


At my 18.5 week appointment, all was well with the babies and they measured 8oz, 9oz and 10oz approximately. The doctors told me that they will measure the babies every 4 weeks unless a problem is discovered, due to the fact that the degree of accuracy is within 2 weeks. In about 40% of multiple pregnancies, the doctor said that there is usually a growth problem for one of the babies, often because of a lack of space. This is usually known as IUGR (intra-uterine growth restriction.). But so far, everything is looking normal.

I was having quite a bit of back pain and the doctor recommended a prenatal cradle – basically a harness to help hold my stomach up and provide extra support. Unfortunately, it shows under most of my tops, but I think it is starting to help.

Here are some of the ultrasound pictures of A, B and C. One of them shows both A and C's heads together.

No comments: