Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11

9 years ago Daddy was 6 blocks from Ground Zero and Mommy was in midtown. Neither of us were able to make it home that night. As tragic as that day was, 9/11 has a different significance for us now as 2 years ago our son Raymond passed away.

In honor of his memory we are planting another plant, the one from the previous year is thriving despite the drought we've had this year.

On a lighter note here is Daniel in a somewhat apropos outfit for today, we need to complete the look for Halloween. We also had one of Mommy's closest friends from college (whom she hasn't seen in more than 5 years) stop by with her family and the kids were able to play together.

4 comments:

Grand Pa YANG said...

I made the same comment at this Blog on Sept. 11 exactly 2 years ago.

On the day of Sept. 11 in 2001, Ted called me to watch TV live brocasting, what is happening at World Trade Center? And on this day of Sept. 11 in 2008, Ted called and informed me that Raymond has just passed away.

Yes, this day of Sept. 11 has a very significant meaning for YANG family. We will never forget the Two major events happened on this Memorial Day.

GrandPa YANG

Heather said...

I'm not sure what to write but I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you.

Maltese Falcon said...

I carry Raymond's name in my wallet. He goes where I go, sees what I see. When I play with my other grandchildren, Raymond is there.

Unknown said...

My thoughts are with you as you celebrate the birth of your triplets and also the memory of your son Raymond. Every memory you have is proof that he is with you every day.