Sunday, December 7, 2008

Scary Sunday

We received a call from the hospital this morning because Sofia was
having seizures. The doctors suspect it is caused from lack of oxygen
prior to the emergency reintubation. They are controlling the
seizures with medication. So far the CAT scan did not reveal a major
brain injury but she will get an MRI this week to assess any damage.
Sofia was asleep for most of our visit today due to the medication.
She is not receiving any food, only IV fluids, until there is a sense
that the episodes are over. It was a tough and scary day for us.

4 comments:

JaxMom said...

Hang in there. We will continue to pray for your little girl.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i am so sorry. i am praying for sofia...

Karen said...

How scary. I am so sorry she is having a tough time. I will pray for you guys and the doctors to have the wisdom to know how to correct these setbacks.

Karen

Us said...

I'm so sorry for everything you and your babies have been through over the past few months. I found your blog a while ago while I was pregnant with my triplets. I gave birth at 29 weeks and my girls are still in the NICU. During some of our more difficult times, I have looked to your blog for inspiration. Your babies have just done so well and they are such little fighters. I hope and pray that everything is okay with your little girl and that you get to bring her home just as soon as she is ready.

Thank you for updating so regularly and for sharing your babies and your journey with all of us out here on the internet.

Crystal