Monday, February 2, 2009

Stomach Bug

Sofia has come down with a stomach bug and is now in isolation. She
mainly has a low fever and diahrea. The doctors increased her vent
pressure back to where it was a few days ago so that she won't have to
work too hard to breathe while sick. They also suspended the
diuertics for now so that she won't get dehydrated. They are giving
her pure breastmilk only. Mommy visited yesterday and had to wear a
gown and gloves while in her room. Sofia seemed ok otherwise and was
very hungry/thirsty - she ate her noon bottle so quickly that the
doctors approved giving her more. We hope she is over this in a few
days and in the mean time we are trying not to expose Daniel to the
same germs.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

We hope you get better soon, Sofia.

Love,
Aunt Meredith and Uncle Ronak

Us said...

I have been following your babies since I was pregnant with my triplets and I just wanted to tell you how great they look. They have come so far and really look fantastic. I hope Sofia gets better very soon. It's such a rough ride, I know.