Monday, September 8, 2008

Mom comes home!

Mom is doing much better so they released her today. She's on quite a few medications and still has pain but is weaning herself off the hard stuff and trying to walk around as much as possible. She's also pumping more milk which is great.

In even better news both boys' head ultrasounds came back normal. No bleeds. Sofia looked like she might have a small something but after further review/consult with other radiologists/neonatologists they think she is normal also. That's a huge relief for both of us.

The boys are continuing to be weaned off the respirator but not much progress either on that or their fluid balance. However all three are now taking some of Mom's milk orally. Sofia is taking a bit of a break today but all are doing well on it which is great. All three are off their lights.

And my special reward for all this progress is to return to work tomorrow! Actually I'm looking forward to it as it will take my mind off of things and I'll still be visiting the little ones each day. My mom is here to take care of Christie throughout the day so she'll be well taken after.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad everyone is doing well and Christie is home. Ted please email me your mailing address when you get a chance!

Amy said...

Great to hear that Christie is home and beginning to feel better. Mom's milk does wonders. We're so happy to hear that the babies are making progress!

Tricia Collins said...

Glad to hear that Christie and the babies are making progress. As you know, I am off on maternity leave and would be more than happy to come out there to help. Please do call on me!!!

Ice Boys said...

I saw your post on the TC and are glad the babies are making progress. I will keep your family in our prayers as we ourselves had 24 weekers.