Saturday, September 27, 2008

Out and In

They extebated Daniel last night and for a while he was doing well but he never fully was able to breathe on it without very high oxygen and rates so they re-intebated him (again).

He seems to still be doing great, a little higher settings than last night but it looks like he's recovering well and they'll try again in a few days. He's had some problems with his lipids so they cut them for now and are hoping he'll get on higher feeds.

Sofia is still recovering. She's on her pain med but it causes her to be sleepy and need high oxygen so I'm hoping she'll be back to herself tomorrow and can start to improve again.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We are praying every day for Daniel and Sofia...

Unknown said...

Thank you for these daily blog entries. I am so imspired by your strength and I'm keeping you and those precious, precious babies in my thoughts and prayers.
-cousin Anne

Tricia Collins said...

Well, with Sophia as an inspiration, my Harry's surgery went well so I just know that she is going to be fully recovered very soon. And Daniel is tough like his Daddy so he'll be breathing all on his own in no time!
xo
Trish

Karri said...

It's been a long week for all of you. I'm glad to hear that Sofia's surgery went well, and I hope she's feeling better. I'm also happy to hear that Daniel does not have NEC, though the scare is just that.. scary. I'm glad to hear he's doing better.

Hang in there!
Karri