Saturday, October 11, 2008

Daniel's Turn

It was Daniel's turn to be extubated today. He handled it really well and his last blood gas (which measures the level of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood) was great. He seems to have had a good reaction to the steroids. Unfortunately, he got stuck wearing a pink hat since that is the size at the hospital that will fit him. Once he's a bit bigger, he can switch to blue.

Sofia on the other hand is up on her ventilator settings more than expected and her blood gases have not been where they need to be. It could be that she is not reacting well to the steroids. The doctors have also added another fortifier to her milk to give her additional calories so that she will gain more weight.

Here are the pictures from today's visit with Mommy, Daddy and Grandmommie.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh thats great Daniel is off the vent, hope Sofia joins him soon. I love her picture!
Heather

ohno4kids said...

I'm happy the kiddos are doing so well. My triplets were born at 24 wks also. There's hope, I know its a long hard road, but so worth it when they come home.
I will keep your family in my prayers.
Shelly