Monday, October 27, 2008

Kangaroo with Daniel

Mommy kangarooed with Daniel today for the first time on his NIPPV. He did very well once he settled down. He enjoyed his purple pacifier too. Afterwards, his nurse put him next to his lamb to sleep. Daddy held Sofia in a blanket and she also seemed happy in his arms, with few desats.

Today was a day without lasix for both babies and the doctors are going to see how they do without diuretics every other day. Daniel was weaned on the ventilator settings and Sofia has been hanging out on the same settings over the past couple days. Her oxygen was a bit lower overnight and today.

Mommy and Daniel

Daddy and Sofia

Photobucket

3 comments:

Tricia Collins said...

Wow, they're really looking great. Keep up the good work guys!! Harry can't wait to meet you both :-)

Anonymous said...

They both look so cute :) Lee and I are always reading your blog to see how you are doing! Hope to visit soon.

Tricia and Lee

Carranza3plets said...

Hi.
I followed your link to your blog on The Triplet Connection when your babies were born. We have year old triplets. I just wanted to let you know that I "check on" your babies often and when I do I say a prayer for them and for you. I am so sorry for your loss of Raymond. I can not begin to imagine what that was and is like for you. I'm so glad to see that Sofia and Daniel are growing and improving and that you get to hold them more and more. I pray for continued improvement and strength and support for the two of you.
Take Care,
Katie